Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/2 Hour Pudding

Let me tell you this one thing. I apparently don't always read recipes correctly.

I wasn't going to tell you this embarassing little fact, because I was pretty pouty after I did it. I thought I had messed up dessert completely. Luckily, it didn't turn out so bad. I mean, it wasn't as good as it would have been if I didn't forget one (major) ingredient, but it just turned out to be less sweet. So, if you like things that aren't as sweet (but really, who would?), then the way that I did it may be the way for you. I'm not going to give you the recipe the wrong way though. I'll just tell you what I did.

This is called 1/2 hour pudding because it takes half an hour in the oven once it is all put together. I suggest that you make this while dinner is cooking, and as soon as you put dinner on the table, stick this bad boy in the oven so it is ready for you to eat right after. It is best served warm and gooey.

I also hope you like raisins, and caramel, and cake...because that's pretty much what this is.

I also didn't realize that I had forgot a major ingredient until it came out of the oven, and my mom asked me if I had put the brown sugar in, since it seemed lighter than it was supposed to. I was like "Duh. Of course I did. That's the most important part of the sauce." Yeah, no. That's not where I missed it. Apparently it was supposed to go into the cake part as well. Pouting ensued, followed by people saying that they would still eat it, and it probably wasn't going to be much difference. The sauce is really sweet as it is, so I guess that helped. I continued to put all through eating it even, since it didn't taste right. It didn't taste bad, just...not right.

Ok, enough complaining aside. Read the recipe, do it properly, and you'll enjoy. I promise.

1/2 Hour Pudding

Ingredients for the cake:

1/2 cup brown sugar              1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour                             2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk                           1 cup raisins











Mix the dry ingredients together (brown sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder and raisins).

This is without the brown sugar - remember, don't forget that ingredient!

Add the milk.

Mix together until it is doughy/cakey/batter.

Ingredients for the sauce:
2 cups boiling water
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix these ingredients together.

Pour over the batter.


Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Serve while warm. The sauce thickens up underneath, so make sure you have lots of that over top of the cake part. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment