Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cupcake Cognizant

I like cupcakes.

But then again, who doesn't? They are cute, little itty bitty cakes, and you can put lots of icing, or only a little bit on each (who would only put a little bit, though?).

One of my little pipe dreams would be to someday own a cupcake shop. I say pipe dream, because I don't think that I really know how much time/effort/money it would take to put this dream shop together. Plus, I would want to commence the journey with my sister-in-law, and then comes the problem of where does the shop open? My city? Her town? Can I still be involved if it is opened in her town? Where would we put it? Would people like it? Oh wait. Of course people would like it, because they would be eating our cupcakes. Duh. Anyway, pipe dream aside...

I still like to bake cupcakes. I've been inspired by other bloggers to think of different kinds of flavour combinations for cupcakes, rather than just the traditional vanilla or chocolate. I've come up with loads of ideas, that I need to put to the test. Luckily for me I have two cute little taste-testers in the same city that will be able to tell me if the cupcakes are good or not. You know, because kids don't lie very well. Especially when it comes to whether or not they like something! Another upside to having my nephew and niece (the official taste-testers) try out the cupcakes is that they don't end up staying in my house for me to eat all of. Since, you know, we all know how that will end up.

OH! And! I have tools to make decorating cupcakes oh-so-easy. And said tools also help to pile on the icing, which is obviously the best part. Though it takes practice, and I have yet to master the art of making icing look pretty on top of a cupcake, I'm getting there. Practicing the art of icing = making more cupcakes = win.

Back to that pipe dream for a sec. My sister-in-law has this wonderful creative, artsy side, the one that I lack, so, in this imaginary cupcake shop, I would bake, and she would decorate. It's perfect. Maybe if I master the art of icing the cupcakes, she'd let  me help with that. But I'll leave all of the fancy stuff for her. Can you tell I've thought about this a fair amount?

I will sporadically post my cupcake recipes on here, with amateur pictures and all, and a detailed review of what the munchkins think. Though, for the littlest, the reviews might just include full body nods, and a lot of smiles and different forms of "da-da".

Stay tuned. That could happen as soon as this weekend.

I better get to making some cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment